Weekend Workout: Spring ‘Leaning’
Time to ‘lean’ house! This workout is a total body toner that will challenge your core, shoulders, back & booty while keeping your heart rate sky high. Expect to sweat.
Work through the 6 exercises back to back & add 30 seconds of cardio wherever you see a * (before & after the straight leg kicks, and before & after the standing oblique pulls). Make sure to stay hydrated & push yourself to complete each rep with proper form (quality over speed).
You’ll need: a set of dumbbells. 5-10lbs is recommended, but feel free to ditch OR boost your weights as required (I used 10 & 15lbs). You’ll also need a mat & a stop watch/timer.
How To Do It
- Warm up for 5 minutes. Jog in place, jumping jacks, body weight squats, anything! Get your heart rate up and do some dynamic stretches before starting.
- Complete the circuit, moving as quickly as you can with proper form. Keep breaks minimal & short, and try to flow from one exercise into the other.
- Every time you see an asterisk (*), complete 30 seconds of the cardio component of your choice (high knees, jacks or jogging). Note: you can boost this to 60 seconds if you like.
- Finish the circuit, rest 60 seconds & repeat 3 times.
Finish it off with a stretch & you’re done!
Weekend Workout: Spring ‘Leaning’ Circuit!
Complete the exercises as listed in the photo above. Read the instructions for details and modifications before you start. Warm up for 5 minutes, then HIT it!
Tip: time yourself so you have a time to beat for next time! Take breaks after each circuit or as required.
A. Pushup ‘N’ Row - 12 Reps
Core, chest, back & shoulders
* This move can be done with or without dumbbells, and from the knees.
Start in pushup position, hands directly under your shoulders and elbows close to the body. This is a tricep pushup: you’ll keep your arms close to your body as you lower & lift.
Sink down into a pushup. Keep your quads & core tight. Push up and lift one arm into a row. Squeeze your shoulder blades as you lift and bring your elbow up past your back. Replace and row on the other side. Repeat with the pushup.
B. & C. Chop ‘N’ Twist
Glutes, core, shoulders
*You can use a medicine ball or ONE dumbbell for this move. You can also do it with just your body weight.
Start in a squat position, booty back and knees over the tops of your toes. Holding your weight, ‘chop’ it over to your right foot, bringing it as low as you can while maintaining the squat. Chest open.
Raise up and press the weight over head to your left. You should feel a twist in your torso: keep your core tight the entire time. Lift the right foot as your twist to protect your back.
Repeat the ‘chopping’ & ‘twisting’ (like you’re putting something on a shelf). Engage your core throughout the entire move! 20 times per side. (if it gets hard, use a smaller weight).
- leakingthetruth likes this
- iwant-it-thatway likes this
- fine-fresh-fit reblogged this from fitvillains
- healthytalk reblogged this from thehealthystrawberry
- samdrogynous likes this
- restlesslegsyndr0me reblogged this from bekkaa
- 0cean-tides reblogged this from bekkaa
- bekkaa likes this
- tashiababes likes this
- getbodyback reblogged this from fitvillains
- tenaciouslyadamant reblogged this from backto15
- mylovelydemigod reblogged this from fitvillains
- mylovelydemigod likes this
- quasikitten likes this
- littlemissprice likes this
- ofexerciseandhealthythings reblogged this from fitvillains
- yousetmysoulalight likes this
- threeknocksitsme reblogged this from fitvillains
- hungrybitchturnedhealthy reblogged this from fitvillains
- gllon likes this
- feelingbetteralready likes this
- mistyp001 likes this
- tuesdayroo likes this
- prelittlemermaid likes this
- artfullyartless likes this
- purplebowtiesandcurls reblogged this from healthyforever
- healthyforever reblogged this from thehealthystrawberry
- beachbumfitness reblogged this from skinnythinsporation
- mshewmake likes this
- eat-in-workout reblogged this from fitvillains and added:
- bodybymeme reblogged this from fitvillains
- bethefit-spiration reblogged this from healthyliv
- stretch-it reblogged this from fitvillains
- goforabsorgohome reblogged this from damnshesfit
- drinkmysoulx0x reblogged this from damnshesfit
- ericajf likes this
- navygirlambition likes this
- rockingtofitness reblogged this from thehealthystrawberry
- sempredimoda likes this
- ginatriv likes this
- thehealthystrawberry reblogged this from fitvillains
- emergingadult likes this
- skinnythinsporation reblogged this from fitvillains
- selfcomestomind likes this
- nikeyeye likes this
- stronglikesam likes this
- runningin907 likes this